As most of our customers may be already aware we have recently had the very sad news that Craig Hardie of Hardie Bikes has passed away following his cancer diagnosis. Thank you for everyone's kindness and support over the last few weeks.
As a result of this we now have to begin the process of closing Hardie Bikes. Craig made this difficult decision during his illness and we are acting in line with his wishes.
Hardie Bikes is no longer open to new business. We will however remain operating for a period of time to complete current work in progress and customer bikes currently on order. We will also provide details of open days where applicable for any stock clearance. We ask for everyone's understanding and patience as we work through this at this extremely difficult time.
If you have any specific questions please contact us via email only on firstname.lastname@example.org
Hardie Bikes Terms and Conditions
- Making your Payment
- We accept almost all normal forms of payment, cheque, credit/debit cards etc. Alternatively we accept personal cheques through the post. Please call us to confirm availability before sending in cheques and allow an additional 7-10 days for cheque clearance. For goods purchased using a Credit Card, we will not debit your card until such time as the goods leave our premises. If we are ordering goods specifically for you (non-stock items) we will debit immediately a 20% deposit. For goods purchased by Cheque, we will despatch these items as soon as your cheque has passed through clearing. We can also offer 0% finance on many products available throughout the store, Contact Us for more details.
- How to Contact Us
- A full set of contact details is included on our Contact Page including a simple form for you to use to email us.
- Delivery & Packaging
- Delivery costs for the UK: Bikes : £18.00 Frames & Forks : £10.00 Accessories and Components : £4.00 per order. (not per item) Clothing : £3.00 per order. (not per item) Other Products : Delivery charges for other products will depend on the value or weight of the goods. Delivery is not included in the price of items shown on this site. Delivery will be charged at the above rates with the highest charge (eg a bike + helmet is £10.00 not £14.00). We will only deliver to the cardholders statement address. We will contact you to confirm and for payment details. Delivery times can vary from 3-5 days, depending on the product you want, the mood the carriers are in & how busy we are. What we can guarantee is that we will get your goods to you as soon as possible, and that's a promise! You will be advised of delivery costs during the processing of your order. For goods in stock please allow 3 to 5 working days for delivery, but this could be dependant on which option you choose when ordering. We will always try to meet agreed delivery times, however we cannot guarantee them due to third party couriers or workshop load. We shall not be liable for any consequential losses due to delayed delivery times.
- Your Security and Credit Card Security
- The security of your personal information is of great importance to us, and we have done our upmost to ensure that none of it is at risk whilst you are visiting this site. CREDIT CARD SECURITY: For security reasons your card details will not be requested via the standard order form. Instead you will be contacted shortly afterwards for confirmation of your payment details. This prevents your details being compromised in any transmission across the internet. Our secure server uses a 128bit encryption (the strongest available) so if you are happy to supply your payment details you should select the "SECURE ORDER" option.
- All prices quoted on this website include VAT at the UK rate of 17.5%
- Your privacy
- Back Orders
- You will be advised if an item is not currently in stock, and also when it should become available. You will be given the option to cancel or place it on back order. A 50% deposit will be required for special order or non stock items.
- We are happy to accept return goods BUT PLEASE CONTACT US FIRST for a returns delivery Number. Should you need to return anything to us, it is VERY IMPORTANT that you contact us in writing first to advise us of your intention and the reason why you wish to return the goods. If you are returning the goods because of our error your carriage costs will be refunded. If you are returning goods because of your error i.e. you ordered the wrong product, wrong colour, or wrong size etc. or simply changed your mind, we will offer an exchange or refund. We ask that you take reasonable care of the goods and request that if returning the goods they be sent back in original packaging within 7 days. In this instance you will be responsible for returning the item to us and for the return carriage charges. If you wish to return goods you consider to be faulty, we will need a copy of your proof of purchase when you return the goods for inspection. This would NOT apply to accidental damage, misuse, abuse, neglect, normal wear and tear or faults arising as a result of D.I.Y. changes in specification. If after inspection we consider that faults on returned goods are not due to an inherent defect you will be told this. In this instance you will be responsible for all carriage charges. Please DO NOT sign for goods if you think that they are damaged, or the packaging has been tampered with. Instead, refuse to accept the delivery or sign for the goods "unchecked" and contact us immediately(within 3 working days) so that we can take the matter up with our courier. Replacements will be sent to you as soon as possible. Please DO NOT discard any original packaging until you are fully satisfied with your purchase. Should you need to return a bicycle, couriers will not transport a machine not in the original or suitable packaging. PLEASE REMEMBER TO INCLUDE A COPY OF YOUR ORIGINAL PROOF OF PURCHASE AND YOUR FULL CONTACT DETAILS ETC.
- Who you are ordering from
- Hardie Bikes is not a big faceless mail order outfit, we are a real shop which values every customer we have, be it personal callers or mail order. We endeavour to have a big percentage of the products online in stock but as a small Independent we can not have everything in stock all of the time.
Further usage of this website indicates you are happy for us to do this..
Find out about the cookies we have set and how we use them.